We decided to go on a road trip... okay so the road trip was only about 25 minutes but that's okay. We left after Abigail's nap. She was still waking up and was pretty mellow when we started out. I couldn't get to her smile for the life of me.

We drove to Fountain Hills. It's a beautiful city just north of us. They have this awesome park where we fed the ducks. The ducks saw us coming or else smelled the bread because they came running.

Soon there were at least 30 ducks at our feet feasting away. Even Abigail was getting bread to them.

Then we walked to the playground and then to the edge of the pond. There we waited...

Waited for what Abigail got really happy about and is pointing at...

The fountain. Wow. Cool. It's not just any water fountain.

I mean, they named the city after this fountain. It shoots up 300 feet in the air.

It's totally worth it. The fountain goes off on the top of the hour for 10 minutes.

Afterward we drove around the city looking at huge houses built into the side of mountains and stopped at an awesome pizza joint called Rendendo's Pizza.
A little bit of money, tons of fun.
4 comments:
Fun! Charlee loves the fountain too...wish it were closer. I LOVE the last picture of you and Abigail...you look beautiful! =)
Wow sounds like a great day! We never did get Addysen up there to see the fountain before we left...will have to plan a trip up there next time we're back! I'm sure she'd love it too! Abigail is such a cutie pie! Love her hair! And so fun to see a couple pics of you too!!
I totally forgot how fun Fountain Hills is! I loved it as a kid! I didn't realize it was only 25 minutes away! Thanks for the great idea--we'll have to take the kids sometime!
What a great idea for a day trip, and the perfect time of the year to enjoy a park and a beautiful fountain! Her shades are too cool :).
Post a Comment