Sunday, October 31, 2010

happy halloween

Happy Halloween! Today our girls turned into a Minnie Mouse and Pumpkin. They looked adorable. This afternoon we also carved our pumpkin. Abigail was very curious and played with it for much of the afternoon.

Later this afternoon we took the girls out trick or treating. We went to 2 houses. It was fun to see Abigail say happy halloween and for us to visit with our neighbors. We laughed as our neighbor told her to pick out her favorite kind...of course Abigail has never had candy before and had no idea which kind to choose. (she did eat a piece at home)

We then stayed at home passing out candy. Abigail ran to the door to check out the kids with us. I was totally excited as we had about 150 kids ring our door bell tonight. This was a huge change compared to the 2-3 kids in past years. There were 100's of kids walking the street around our house, many of them didn't even make it to our house. When we opened the door you could hear all the sounds of the kids in the air. It was fun. When we ran out of candy I started passing out coins until Jake got home with more.


Experiencing the guts and seeds...she loved it.

On Saturday we were at my parents and Abigail put her costume on for my family.

Rachel's first Halloween.

I love how Rachel is looking up at me.
Daddy and his girls

Sweet Minnie Mouse

Little miss punkin
Out trick or treating!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! The girls look great. We had quite a few monsters and goblins at our door but not near 150. Go Rice Lake! Wish you could have been at our door too. Glad you had a great day. Nana J and Papa W

BeholdingBeautiful said...

Oh, Erin, I love these pictures! Your girls are just beautiful. It's always bittersweet looking at your pics because it makes me realize how much I miss you guys!

Krista said...

Looking at these pics made me sad too! I wish we could have celebrated with you guys :( The girls are adorable! I love that Abigail was totally into the gucky stuff in the pumpkin! She's so cute!

Noelle said...

I'm SO excited Abigail got to eat a piece of candy last night!!! Hooray! :-) Though it's not like Addysen eats much candy either...she had no idea what to choose either! Ha!

Your girls were absolutely adorable!! Love the costumes and it looks like you guys had such a fun time together!

Rachel Olimb said...

I thought the same thing about missing you guys in looking through your pictures! I'm really hoping you're going to need a break from the winters, and come and see us!!!

Erin said...

oh girls, how we miss you too... so much.