Thursday, December 24, 2009

winter wonderland

We did not get the winter blizzard that they were predicting (yet) but it did snow about 5 inches. However along with the soft blowing snow came the extreme temperature. Today with wind chill it is - 22. But that didn't stop us from playing in the snow.

The entire Heringer family is now together. That makes 4 kids and 7 adults. We got on our snow pants and boots to venture out in the snow.

Abigail was completely covered head to toes and was completely stuck in the snow.
Grandpa Wayne was busy giving sled rides and the kids were busy cheering and running around to keep warm.
This is Wyatt with us.
We had a fun time. We didn't stay out too long but I wasn't worried that Abigail was cold. She could hardly see behind her snow pants, sweater, coat, hat, hood, gloves, boots and scarf! But then again it was -22.

4 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

Oh, I love to see these pictures of you all having fun in the snow! So glad your family was able to get together for Christmas despite the big storm. Merry Christmas to all of you!!

Krista said...

I'm humming the song "White Christmas" after seeing all your pics! What fun memories you're all making! Merry Christmas!

Noelle said...

I love that first picture of Abigail all bundled!! So cute! You are quite the trooper going out when it was -22!!! I'm going to have to take some courage from you and get out there in the snow more!! :-)

Merry Christmas my sweet friend!

Ashley said...

Yo'ure an awesome mama! I would not even think about going out in that weather! Abigail is super cute all bundled up. Merry christmas!!!!