On Christmas morning we woke up to find that Santa left some presents for the kids....
It blizzard all day and night and into the next morning. It was my first blizzard experience if your not counting a Oreo Cookie one from DQ. The wind howled, blowing the snow so hard you could hardly see down the block. It dropped the temperatures and closed down just about everything in the state of North Dakota, including every major highway and interstate.
So we were stuck. But we were stuck as a family and that made it okay. It was Christmas Day! We played more games, ate cookies, watched tv and just looked outside. At least until 1:00 the next day.
It was still snowing but the plow came through, the wind died down and people started venturing out. There was a lot of snow to blow and shovel away. 4 feet drifts! But we were SO bundled up that we started to sweat! I actually love to shovel.
The next day after that the weather cleared and warmed up making it fun to play outside. In fact there was so much snow that Wyatt was able to jump off the deck and not hurt himself.But now I am happy to say we are back home and don't have to worry about driving or flying in the snow anymore this year!

5 comments:
What great memories. I love the pictures but most of all the privledge of spending time with family. It happens all too seldom and the years go by so quickly. Wyatt and Wayne are out on the 4-wheeler again today enjoying the snow. Blessings. J
Oh my goodness! For everything to shut down like that up there where they're used to snow, that had to be a crazy blizzard!! Glad it was Christmas though where it's great to be at home that day! On a side note, I absolutely love Abigail's ponytail!!! So cute!!!
So glad you guys just made the best of it and played games and watched tv, and ate all the Christmas leftovers :). I remember always being really excited when they would close the schools down for the day. We would all get up super early to watch the news to hear if we had to get ready fast of go back to bed :). So glad you're home, there's a lot less weather drama here :).
I so remember those days Rachel!
Wow, blizzards, snow days. . .so non-Arizona! I do remember school getting closed once because the air conditioner broke (no joke)! Sounds like a cozy Christmas, though, full of lots of fun family time!!!
Post a Comment