Well we made it. Abigail experienced her first airplane ride and below 0 degree temps. Today was a long day for me. I am glad that we are here. Abigail had her ups and downs during the travel day but all in all she did well. The day started at the small airport in Mesa. I was happy for the small airport which made getting through security really fast. Abigail got fussy as she needed a nap and wouldn't fall asleep. Once we boarded though she fell asleep and slept for a while. Abigail had a hard time with the descent and cried for about 10 minutes, but once her ears felt better she settled down and just sat contently on my lap. Both Jake and I were very thankful that we had a direct flight today. I can't believe how cold it is here. -14 temps with it dropping even lower with the wind. My face froze as soon as I walked outside. We are also thankful for the snowsuit Grandma Jude brought for us. Abigail was cozy warm and fell asleep in the car. Although there were at least 3-4 times durning the day when I thought "what are we doing" it is great to see family and be together for Christmas. Here are some photos.
Long lines to check in but it went fast.
Hanging out before our flight left.
4 comments:
Yeah! I'm so glad you made it in ok! I thought of you so many times yesterday and kept praying things were going smooth. The good news is that you have that "first flight" over with! Now you'll be pros! Ha! :-)
That honestly cracked me up that you turned up the heat to 80 and Jake made you turn it down...sounds like Jeff and I. :-)
Have a great trip! Can't wait to see more pics!
So glad you made it safe!!! She is so cute in the snow suit! See you soon!
Love, Aunt Kate :)
You guys are so brave! I hope it warms up a bit while you're there so your faces don't freeze anymore :). Keep us posted on how you're doing.
Wow! Your little baby has experienced colder temps at 5 months old than I have experienced in 31 years! I'm so glad the travelling went smoothly. Abigail looks so cute bundled up! Stay warm & Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment