Sunday, December 14, 2008
No More Tears....For Momma
Today was the second time we put Abigail in the church nursery. This was a big deal for us, especially for me. I didn't prepare myself for how hard it would be to give my daughter to total strangers. So when we did two weeks ago, I cried. More like wept for the first 45 minutes of our service. Then I got her 5 minutes early. I couldn't stop thinking about how she was doing, would she cry, would she take her nap and how that would work out and the fact that I didn't give her a hug/kiss goodbye was just as hard. We go to a large church and it's difficult to know all of the caregivers. But Abigail did great. No tears for her. Today went just as great, even better! And when Jake and I went to pick her up she had a great big smile and laughed for us. I did better this week also. No tears and I listened fairly well too. It was hard not to think about how Abigail was doing but it is time for her to stay in the nursery. We will be traveling over Christmas and miss our church. However we got to enjoy the full band and choir today, the carols and hymns we sang and the great message. I was pretty excited about that. We are thankful for all of those who volunteer to watch our kids. I know that they are in good hands!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm impressed...seriously. I worked in the nursery...love the way our nursery runs...yet, haven't been able to get my mind around leaving Addysen there yet! I'm sure I will be crying through the service the first time we leave her too!!
Good job, Erin! So glad you made it without tears! It is a big milestone. . .I can still vivdly remember exactly what Chase was wearing and which classroom he went into for his first time in the nursery. I am so thankful that our church has the cleanest, nicest, safest nurseries possible! That sure makes it easier!
Is this the outfit she wore to church...hee hee. She really is in great hands, Erin. But I totally know what you're saying. One of these days you'll be able to concentrate on the message :).
Love the bum shot...gotta love the baby bum...so cute!
Good for you Erin. Motherhood causes you to have to let go a little bit more everyday...new challenges are always around the corner. She's is God's hands no matter what
happens. : )
What a cute picture! I am proud of you!
Post a Comment