Right from the beginning she has connected with her Dad. After her 2 hour crying spells, Abigail would usually crash on her Daddy's shoulder. She also liked napping on him as well.
One of Jake's favorite times is giving Abigail her last day feeding with the bottle. It's a great bonding time for them. He will then change her and put her down to sleep. It's a great break for me.
Abigail also is trying her best to listen to her Dad's rule about not sucking on her fingers. So she sucks on her toes instead.
Jake can't wait to get home from work to see Abigail. He will come home for lunch just to see her (and me of course) Even if that means for only 10-15 minutes. Her face just lights up when she sees him. It doesn't matter how tired she may be, she will perk right up and squawk for him.
I am so thankful that Jake is an involved Daddy. He helps out so much and is such and encouragement to me and for our daughter.
3 comments:
That's so sweet, Erin! What a great tribute to Jake! He is a great dad & clearly loves his 2 girls!
I agree with Krista - such a sweet post! And some absolutely adorable pics!! I love that first one with her sleeping on Jake's shoulder...she's so tiny and just precious!
And I had to laugh at the pic with her foot in her mouth...that is one of Addysen's favorite things to do too...it is such an exciting thing to get that foot all the way to her mouth. I loved your comment on that though - that b/c Jake won't let her suck on her fingers so she's sucks on her toes instead. Ha! :-)
Aaahhhhh...
Post a Comment