Friday, March 20, 2009

the GRAND Canyon

Magnificent, breathtaking, amazing, Wow, unbelievable, awestruck, monumental, beautiful
With Jake's parents in town we decided to take a trip to the Grand Canyon. I now know why it is one of the 7 wonders of the World. Truly a "praise God" moment for me. Here are some of the highlights of our road trip:


We stopped at Montezuma's Castle and Well.
"I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by." Exodus 33:22

Abigail had her first picnic sitting under the Castle.

Sedona was packed with spring break visitors so we just drove through. But the red rocks outside the little town were beautiful.
It was really nice outside and we had a great time walking along the view. Later that night Jake and I went to see the stars. I have never seen so many stars as we did that night. They glowed so brightly in the night sky. I was also excited to see a shooting star! Jake really enjoyed the cold temps as the sun went away especially knowing that soon we will be sweating even with the A/C on.

Lastly, we drove home taking a more scenic route through Snowbowl and Flagstaff. The drive was beautiful and the mountain still have snow on them.

3 comments:

Krista said...

What a fun trip! I'm glad you guys were able to go! I love your family picture! That is precious!

Rachel Olimb said...

I was hoping you were going to post some pictures of your trip! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Noelle said...

Such great pics! I'm so glad you had such a good time!

I absolutely love that little hat on Abigail...SO cute!!