Thursday, August 26, 2010

38 weeks update

I have reached 38 weeks in this pregnancy. I decided to have Jake take a picture of me and I laughed out loud at how big I thought my belly looked! But more importantly, I feel really good and the baby is doing good.

I have been seeing my new doctor once a week and I am now 3 cm dilated and about 60% effaced.

Abigail was born at 38 weeks and was 8 lbs. 15 oz. Jake and I both think that baby sister will also be a bigger baby. We haven't had an ultra sound since 20 weeks so we will just have to wait and find out!

I have no gut instinct about baby sister coming early. I know she will come at the right time. And really, she can come any time.

Even though I feel really good my body gets sore. In the morning I feel really old climbing out of bed thinking, maybe we need a new bed! I walk a little slower exercising (okay, a lot slower) and when I see dust on the floor bending over just isn't worth it!

We have had a name picked out for a while now. I am so excited to share it with you all...when she is born.

Her room is painted a soft pink! I will snap a picture and share it with you too. I love it!


7 comments:

Noelle said...

So glad you posted belly pics!! Put a huge smile on my face since I haven't gotten to see your belly all the time with this pregnancy!! And oh, I remember so well those uncomfortable feelings at the end! Can't wait for the precious little girl to arrive! Love her already!

Tanya said...

you look perfect!!!! maybe this is the weekend for baby girl to come!! Have an awesome weekend with nana and papa!!! love you!

Ashley said...

You look awesome!!! I can't wait to see pics of that sweet girl. I'm so impatient with waiting for names so hopefully she comes soon so we can all find out!!!

Krista said...

You look so great, Erin! All baby--just like with Abigail! I'm so excited for your little one to arrive!

Rachel Olimb said...

Ohhhh, Erin, you're so beautiful! I cannot even believe you are still exercising, you're such a super woman! So so so wonderful hearing your voice and catching up with you this week. I miss you!!!

BeholdingBeautiful said...

Erin, you are absolutely beautiful! I so wish I could see you and your pregnant belly in person. =) I cannot wait to hear this little girl's name. Sending tons of love your way!

Natalie said...

Erin, you look so beautiful! I can't wait to know her name!! Hugs and kisses!!