I found this homemade play dough recipe and decided to try it out. I totally recommend it. The recipe makes a large amount and works better than the store bought kind.
Abigail decided to make a doughnut with sprinkles and candles. I sang happy birthday to her probably about 20 times!
Abigail decided to make a doughnut with sprinkles and candles. I sang happy birthday to her probably about 20 times!


Play Dough
3 cups flour
5 TBSP cream of tartar
3/4 cup salt
3 pkgs kool-aid
3 cups water
3 TBSP oil
Stir all the dry ingredients into a large pot. Slowly add the water and oil. Using a whisk blend the mixture until all the lumps are gone. Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly with a large spoon until a ball forms. While the mixture is still warm knead dough on a lightly floured surface for several minutes. It will feel soft and satiny. Store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to a month.

5 comments:
Wow! That really does make a lot! I bet the koolaid makes it smell good, too! Looks like Abigail loved it!
What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I'll have to try that out! I love that Abigail made a bigger and bigger birthday donut...you'd think she was your daughter...ha! :-)
Awesome! I've used that same recipe minus the koolaid, love that addition! You're right it is way better than the store bought stuff! Abigail could make a real life-sized snow man with all that dough :).
Thanks for the recipe Erin!! I just tried to make some the other day and it turned out like frosting!!
Post a Comment