Monday, June 22, 2009

fatherhood

Happy Father's Day!


It was a good day to celebrate our fathers. Especially for Jake who was able to hold and snuggle with his daughter on this day. Thanks Jake for being a wonderful Daddy and for taking such good care of us. Loving you very much.


I thought I would make a hand plaster of Abigail to give to Jake. 3 plaster kits later this was the final outcome. Every time I put Abigail's hand into the plaster she would squeeze it tight. So I kept redoing and redoing it until the plaster set. I finally thought, I would do her foot...which she then squeezed her toes. But it worked and at the last minute I added her hand. This was the best cast. Jake loved it.
"The living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy." 1 Tim.6:17

3 comments:

Krista said...

What a special day & a great gift! I love the way her hand & foot print came out! Jake will treasure that for years to come!

Noelle said...

Happy first Father's Day, Jake!! I love the plaster...I can relate to not getting those exactly the way you envisioned, but now you have the memory of the attempt as well as a great keepsake! :-) I'm impressed with how great it turned out considering you have a mover on your hands!!

Rachel Olimb said...

What a special memory! I can see it now, proudly displayed in his Dentist's office :).