Tuesday, July 28, 2009

ONE who is full of smiles & spirit

Happy 1st Birthday Abigail Christine
For the last few weeks I have been reflecting over the past year. Being able to watch Abigail grow and mature each month has been incredible. I find myself wondering where the last 12 months have gone. It seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital holding her...

8 pound 15 ounce little body. Round face, chubby cheeked bundle of joy. And today we celebrate the birthday our our little girl.
The last 2 weeks of my pregnancy was not easy. With the unsettling news of her VSD (heart defect) it bought us and many of you to our knees in prayer for total healing. God answered that prayer. Sigh. A miracle.
No words really can describe it. And the number of people praying for us....sigh. (again)
"God saw everything that he had made, and it was very good." Genesis 1:31
We are so full of joy for this little girl.
Our daughter who once was colicky and tired is now a one year old who is full of smiles and great spirit. She is curious and likes to explore, chews on everything, waves at people and warms our heart.
She is God's amazing creation. We look forward to what God has planned for her and we praise Him who is our heavenly Father. We love you Abigail.
"Praise the Lord for His goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men."
Psalm 107:8

5 comments:

Krista said...

What a beautiful post! I love seeing the pictures of her as a chubby-cheeked newborn and now as a beautiful, active one-year old! Birthdays are so fun for thinking back & being sentimental!

Happy Birthday, Abigail!

Noelle said...

I too love that post...just perfect pics and sweet words! How in the world has a year gone by already??? I remember coming to see her in the hospital...and just being so excited that she was here! And now, we just adore her...she is such a precious girl and I'm so thankful that Addysen has such a sweet little friend! Happy birthday, Abigail!

Rachel Olimb said...

I'll never forget those adorable cheeks! And, now she walks...crazy!

T said...

that was wonderful Erin!!! Happy Birthday my precious girl!!!! Auntie Tanya loves loves loves you!!!

Anonymous said...

What a gift Abigail is to our family. I'm so proud and so humbled to be her Grandma. Blessings on you precious one. Spirit of God follow her all the days of her life! Grandma J