Monday, November 3, 2008

Get out and Vote

Well, I don't usually talk politics. Mainly because I don't know all of the details and it would be hard for me to defend my case and sound smart about it. However I can't just sit back and not say anything. Especially since this is my blog. I know that some people reading this don't agree with me but here goes. Tomorrow is a big day for the presidential election. I believe that the right person for this election is McCain. Obama scares me for many reasons. He does not make bibical decisions but goes against so many values as a Christian I stand for. For one, he is pro-choice (which really should be called pro-abortion) Obama claims it is above his paygrade to tell our nation when a baby is considered a baby. I don't make a single penny and I know that it is at conception. If he wants to run our nation I think he needs to be a man and answer the question. Moving on, socialized medicine will change our health care system as we know it. Say goodbye to quick and good care. Obama also will make changes to our Supreme Court that will effect us for the rest of our lives and our children's children. Being a conservative nation is not a bad thing. I just hope and pray for the election tomorrow. I know that God's hand will be with us no matter what happens.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Well said, Erin! Thank you for sharing! And, yes, I agree--our only hope is that it is the LORD who allows leaders to rise and leaders to fall. He will be with us no matter what! There is so much comfort in that!

Melissa said...

Well said, Erin! I pray that more of us show up at the polls than them....but God is sovereign over all what ever happens.