"...This means there is a hole in between the two bottom chambers of the heart. This wall (septum) keeps the high pressure left side of the heart from pushing blood into the low pressure right side of the heart. The doctor said it is hard to tell at this point how big it is, but he thought it was in the moderate-plus size. We will need to have our little girl tested with an ultrasound once she is born. One of three things will happen from there. 1. The hole will self resolve after birth and not need any further treatment. 2. Our baby will need medication to slow her breathing to keep her lungs from filling up with blood and this will hopefully allow the VSD to heal. 3. She will need heart surgery somewhere in the 6-12 month range to fix the defect.
Erin and I are praying for a 4th option. That is that God would heal her before she is born."
Erin and I are praying for a 4th option. That is that God would heal her before she is born."
Wow, it's hard for me to read that and not get tears in my eyes. We all prayed for the 4th option and we saw God's power as he healed our daughter. We were overcome by his unfailing Goodness in our lives. We were and are still so thankful for the cards, emails and gifts that flooded our mail but mostly we thank the Lord each day for the healthy heart He made in Abigail.
We were sent video pictures of the VSD ultrasound as well as the ultrasound on Abigail after she was born. Here they are...
-Abigail's Heart with VSD-
The two diamonds are where I think the hole is.
The two diamonds are where I think the hole is.
6 comments:
I got chills reading that again. God's power and answers to prayer are just AMAZING!! Still praising God for such a miracle!!
What an incredible testimony!!!!
What a miracle!! I remember praying around my mom's kitchen table when Jude got the news.
It is so neat to look back and remember how God so perfectly provided for your family! What a testimony!
AWESOME post!:) God is hard at work in our Home Group, isn't He? It is so humbling to be a part of a group where His fingerprints are ALL over the place!
I love Abigail's story, I love that God is working in Jeremy, Rachel, and Asher's lives moment by moment, I love to witness Melissa's spiritual walk and see her strength and faith, I'm so inspired by Natalie and Eric's peace and trust in our Lord, I love how God worked in Ashley and Aaron's lives this year, I am so fortunate to see Jeff and Noelle lean on Him day by day, and I praise God that we are being lead by Dave and Krista!!
Ok, as a group we have a lot going on. But PRAISE God He gave us each other!!:)
Amen Mandy. God is so good. In good times and in bad times. I am glad He gave us each other.
Post a Comment