Sunday, November 9, 2008

Snow

I mentioned in the previous blog about a snowstorm in North Dakota. Here are a few pictures that Grandma Jude went home to. Seeing these pictures makes Jake feel melancholy. I love the snow and it can be beautiful however, the temps were 11 degrees yesterday. That does not make me feel melancholy. Can you find the door and windows in this first picture?!






7 comments:

Noelle said...

That's funny that makes you melancholy...well, at least until hearing the temp. :-) I see that and think, wow...I LOVE living in Arizona!!! :-)

Rachel Olimb said...

UNBELIEVABLE! Just remember, Erin, seeing snow in a picture and LIVING in that weather are two different things. Need I remind you of the millions of layers of clothing you have to wear, snow shovels, slippery roads, runny noses, freezing cheeks, staticy hair, your car not starting, loading your car with groceries in freezing cold weather...oh, I could go on. Just let me know if you need anymore reminders :).

eduj said...

In defense of the cold may I say that after visiting AZ in August and September I find that cool can be "cool". But not for 6 months! I must say the even though I'm not fond of many cold days in a row it was a outstanding morning as all the trees were covered with frost and snow and it was like driving in a Christmas card. The trip to AZ was a nice break and we will be back in Feb! May the time go fast! Mom J

eduj said...

In defense of the cold may I say that after visiting AZ in August and September I find that cool can be "cool". But not for 6 months! I must say the even though I'm not fond of many cold days in a row it was a outstanding morning as all the trees were covered with frost and snow and it was like driving in a Christmas card. The trip to AZ was a nice break and we will be back in Feb! May the time go fast! Mom J

Anonymous said...

Adding to what Racquel said but maybe didn't do:

Sticking your tongue on something metal, usually the monkey bars. I think I am the only kid the only one who thought that was a duty of every NoDak kid.

Walking to school without drying you hair first. Had to wait for the static for later in the day. That hair sure felt crunch!

Love you blog Erin. It's great to see you guys!

Andrea

Melissa said...

Not feeling melancholy one bit! I cannot even imagine cold like that, no thank you! : )

Krista said...

Wow. . . 11 degrees? Your family would laugh if they saw the long pants and long sleeves we were wearing today because it was supposed to be in the 60's!!!! Ha!