Thursday, October 8, 2009

what a visit

We went to see Abigail's doctor for her well-check visit. Abigail is deathly afraid of her doctor. I haven't seen her this upset yet...and he was only checking her ears. There were a lot of tears shed this morning but even though she wasn't happy she made it through the appointment. The good thing is that she is growing well.

She now weights 19 lbs. 15 oz. and her height is 30 1/2 inches long.


Abigail had a break from crying in between getting weighed and having the doctor come in. She explored the little room and loved how the paper on the bench sounded.

After it was all over I think she wanted to hide...that and be held.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, sweet Abigail. I'm happy that you are a healthy growing girl. I hope you are not afraid of your dentist as much as you are of your doctor.
Love, Grandma
Can't wait to see you.

Rachel Olimb said...

I recognize that office! I'm sure Dr. Garner was quite understanding of Abigail's hesitation :). She's looking so big, Erin!

Krista said...

Poor Abigail! Good thing she had some nice curtains to hide in & a loving mama to cuddle her! My boys were around Abigail's age when they began remembering that the doctor's office is where shots happen. That simple realization sure makes doctor's visits tougher!